Monday, July 2, 2012

UPDATE: Patrick Henry Day 22

Hi again everyone, it's Patrick Henry again.  I haven't been online the last several days.  My mom has been helping my Grandma get moved back from Texas and get to her doctor appointments for her heart.  She's doing pretty good.  They put Grandma on some medicine to try and make her heart beat right and if it doesn't they will have to shock her to make it go right... can you believe that???? Anyway, everyone please say a prayer  and send healing thoughts for my Grandma that the medicine works so she doesn't have to get that.... ouch.

Now back to me.... I'm doing great.  I just love life and my wounds are so much better.  My arms and legs are all healed and lookie at my face... can you believe how good I look... man, I'm a pretty handsome fella....

It's pretty cool here at my mom's house.  My foster brother Doug has become my buddy, we try to play and bounce around the living room but mom always tells us to quit.  She says I can't bounce around just yet because of my stupid heartworms.  We sneak sometimes and play bow before mom can get after us.  hehehehe  Here is a picture of me stickin my tongue out cause I managed to get squeezed in closer to mom then Doug... nah nah nah nah boo boo
That's my oldest brother Wyatt sacked out on the doggie futon behind Doug.  He's kinda grumpy but mom says it's cause he is the old man of the house.  He is a Great Dane... I think he is just a dane cause I don't see what's so great about him....  he grumbles at me sometimes, but not as much as when I first got here....  He's almost 9... mom says that's perdy old for a dane. 

I'm almost all done with my antibiotics now.  I have to take the last one tonight....  I'm gonna miss those, mom always puts them in something called a pill pocket.. those are yummy.  I still get to have one of them every morning cause I still have to take my prednisone for my heartworms.  Oh and we get to have a "cookie" when we go to bed at night.  Mom says she is really proud of me cause when she says it's time for bed or that she has to leave so we need to go to our room, I just go right back to our bedroom and get in my kennel.  I don't mind going in there cause mom always gives me my medicine or a cookie when I go there... so I just run right in there and sit for my treat.  It was super funny the other day... Doug, my brother... he is something called a Catahoula Leopard Dog... have you ever heard of such a thing???? me neither but that's what mom says he is.  He is the only other dog here that has to go to go in a crate cause he chews on stuff....  Anywho...  it was time for bed and we all went running into our bedroom and that silly Doug... his kennel door was closed to he ran right into my kennel... well I wasn't takin any chances on not getting my cookie so I just went right in there too... Mom was laughing so hard.  I guess Doug wasn't takin any chances on the cookie thing either so he just sat there next to me until mom opened his kennel door.  He's pretty funny.  Mom told me about when she got him... she drove all the way from Kansas City to Georgia to get him... he was only a baby and someone left him in a cat crate... who puts a dog in a cat crate???  and then left him at the edge of the woods at a rest stop.  Someone heard him crying and called the sheriff and he ended up at a kill shelter... Mom saw his face and I guess just like me she knew she had to help him.  She said the shelter named him Doug and how could you not save a dog named Doug heheheehe.. she's silly.  Here is a picture of me and Doug chillin in the living room.

Mom says she can't wait to take me back and see what I weigh now.. she says there is nothin wrong with my appetite.  Mom lets me have extra, she said she wants to fatten me up before I have to get my heartworm shots. 

Guess what...  my Mom here talked to my Mom in Pennsylvania for a long time today on the phone.  She can't wait to meet me.  I'm going to have brothers and sisters there too.  One of my sisters is a senior coonhound, she has congestive heart failure but my PA Mom is gettin her all fixed up... please say a little prayer and send healing thoughts for her too.  My mom in PA works mostly from home but when she has to go out around town for work I'm going to get to go with her.  She used to have a work buddy dog but he passed away and I love car rides so I am just the right man for the job.  Mom says I will probably get to go meet my forever family the first part of August.  You know how much mom loves to take pics of me so she is gonna make me take a couple cameras with me so everyone can take pictures on my trip.  woo hoo *hint of sarcasm...  hehehehe

Well it's almost 10pm and that's close to bedtime so I better get off here.... don't want to miss out on my cookie cause I'm  playin around on the computer.  I'll catch up to everyone again really soon.

Love and Hugs,
Patrick Henry

PS...  don't forget to check my facebook page for more pictures and stuff...  My Facebook Page  And please hit the "LIKE" button so I know you have been there.

15 comments:

  1. 22 days of TLC and you look so beautiful, Patrick-Henry. Glad your legs are all better and that wee bit of stuff on your nose, it willl heal as well real soon. Me and my pack of five will think of you and send good healing thoughts for you and your soon-to-be-doggie-sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, posting and most of all caring about Patrick Henry. Give your crew a tummy rub from me and Patrick.

      Delete
  2. This is such a super story. I'm glad to see a positive event. Some days, the battles just all seem uphill......
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick Henry has an amazing spirit, he is such an inspiration to me. I am so lucky it was me that day in the shelter.

      Delete
  3. We are so glad you are doing so well, Patrick Henry! Thanks for being such a good writer and keeping us updated on your progress. Paws up to you. Your Mom and your doggie brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite the computer nerd hehehehe.... just loves to post about himself lol

      Delete
  4. So very awesome Patrick Henry and foster mom and mom to be.. You ARE such the handsome fellow and are so loved by many.. Keep healing so you can get to your new mommy, altho Im sure your foster mom with be very sad, but happy at the same time.. I know I am with mine.. Be a good boy and keep behaving...Hugs and kisses....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to break my heart to see him leave, but I know he will be going to a wonderful home. Thanks so much for reading his story.

      Delete
  5. Patrick Henry, you look and sound fabulous! I'm happy that you're happy now and have such great friends and a great Mom and a Mom-to-Be. I you pass through Indianapolis on your way to Pennsylvania, I'd be honored if I could drive you some of the way in my car. We'd have a great time together, and I'd bring cookies for you. My dogs Abigail and Marky say Hi. Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will definetly be passing through Indy on his way. In fact he may even be having his overnight in that area. Please email Susan at miskeira@fastmail.fm so we can make sure to let you know about his transport when the time comes.

      Delete
  6. You folks are awesome! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Patrick Henry!!!! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick Henry love love loves you and everyone else too. He know that everyone wants to be his friend.... hehehehe

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad Patrick Henry is doing so well. Can't wait to meet him when he comes through Columbus, OH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Patrick...This is Shirl, your "Mom-to-be". I get all mushy and get a funny tingle in my heart when I see your pictures and read your notes. It's kind of like the feeling that I had the first time I saw your new "dad-to-be". You are so handsome, and I just know that I will have to hide you from all of the girls around here, cause they are all going to want to hug and kiss you! You will definitely be able to go to work with me, and hang in our office at home. You will have a special bed right next to my desk, and you will be my assistant. Yes, you WILL be paid in cookies!
    Minnie, your Coonhound sister, is feeling better. She gets pills, too. She is a real trooper, and ignores her heart disease, and still acts like a pup, and I have to slow her down sometimes, too. You 2 will be best buds. Thanks for updating everyone. You are a very special boy. See you soon. Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, dude....u r looking so good....n u're gonna get a mom n a dad???? this is SO AWESOME....i will b keeping u in my thoughts n prayers n lighting a wee blue healing candle....bless u, precious 1 <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete