Wednesday, June 27, 2012

UPDATE: June 27th

Hey Everyone.. Patrick Henry here again.  Mom wanted me to tell you all we are really sorry for not updating our blog before now.  Mom and me been updating my facebook page a lot but hadn't taken the time to write on the blog. 


Well it's been a big week so far.  Mom came and picked me up from the hospital on Monday and took me home to live stay with her.  She says I am going to stay here until I'm all done with my heartworm treatment, I'm all healed up and I get neutered... YIKES!!!!!  She said when I am all better that I get to have a forever home all of my own, and it looks like I am going to be goin all the way to place calle Pennsylvania... how cool is that????

I was kinda sad leaving the hospital, I love the people there, they really took good care of me and gave me lots of attention.  My mom took a picture of me and some of my friends there, it's kinda blurry... mom said it was because of her "stupid smart phone"  but I think it was an operator issue... don't tell her I said that hehehehehe  Here is the picture.  These are my friend Glo, Jamie, Dr. Worthley, Suzanne, Carrie and Bobbie.

I had fun riding in the car... it was super hot outside but mom and had the ac blastin and it was a nice ride.  Mom said I was a perfect gentleman in the car cause I didn't try and come up front to help her drive. 

It's been good here so far, I have lots of foster brothers, Wyatt, Roger, Doug and Rodney and a foster sister Gertie... she's mean, she isn't very big, only about 9 pounds but she things she is a giant.  she climbs up on the couch arm just so she can growl and lunge in my face...  I'm kinda scared of her but don't tell.  I even have two foster kitty siblings  Poot and Birthday Cat.  I think I'm fitting right into the schedule here.  Mom put me in a kennel at night, the first night I didn't think that was a very good idea so I protested for about 10 min, but she stuck to her guns... it wasn't so bad.. I only have to go in there at bed time of if Mom has to go somewhere... Doug, he has a kennel too, just like mine...  Mom says he has to go in there cause he likes to chew on things he shouldn't. 

Oh and my Grandma and Grandpa came to visit.... my Grandma is having some heart problems so they had to come back from all the way in Texas.  They brought their 3 dogs.. Jackie, Fifi and Baby.... they kinda get after me a little cause I guess since I'm not fixed I annoy them a little...  but if they grumble at me I listen and back up and then walk way away from them when I have to go by. 

Mom snapped a couple of pictures tonight with her dumb smartphone...  you can see me with some of my foster brothers and sisters. 


And here are me and Doug sitting for a cookie, well I'm sitting, Doug decided to lay down... I will do ANYTHING for a cookie!!!!!


WAIT?? WHAT????  Did someone over there say cookie???


Well anyway, I should probably get off here now, have to be "up and at em" early tomorrow, my grandma may be getting something called a cardioversion.. I'm not sure what that is but it doesn't sound like a good time.  I'll try and write more tomorrow.  I'm sure mom is going to be taking tons more pictures to show everyone how great my face is looking.  Oh and I feel great....  I'd like to play a little but mom says I have to take it kinda slow. 

More later,
Love and Hugs,
Patrick Henry

PS, My mom posted this on my facebook page.. which by the way you can get to by clicking here Patrick Henry's Facebook Page but for those of you who don't use facebook I wanted you to see how great I am doing with my spanish.  I know how to sit and give five in English and Spanish... how cool is that???  My friend Glo at the hospital taught me the Spanish.  Check out the video 


25 comments:

  1. Way to go Patrick!! And I hope you, Carolyn, is doing okay with your parents' health issues on top of yours and the animals. If you need somebody to talk to, I'm usually on FB in the daytime. Hugs...

    Jessica "JeJe" Kirby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JeJe.. thanks so much. Big hugs back to you from Patrick Henry and I

      Delete
  2. Patrick Henry, you're looking great! Your blog post made my day!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad he helped make your day. He has a "happiness" about him that is definetly contagious.

      Delete
  3. Oh, he looks so good! What a doll baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart and so well behaved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would do ANYTHING for a cookie hehehehe

      Delete
  5. He looks so good!!! Glad he is having fun with the other crew and getting lots of treats and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patrick Henry what a good boy you are for your mom! I'm so happy to see you looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a very very good boy... Just fits right in to whatever you need him to do.

      Delete
  7. So glad he is doing well. You aare an Angel, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick Henry is the Angel, I'm just the lucky person who got to have him in my life.

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy that you saved Patrick Henry. He is a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably one of the most rewarding rescues I have ever done.

      Delete
  9. Hi loverboy. I am so glad you found some time to let us know how you are doing. Your face is just so pretty and healing so well - I hope your brothers and sisters don't get too gealous. Have a great weekend and keep up the blog work buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe... blush blush.... thanks for the compliments. mom says I am the best looking boy here.. but she said not to tell the others she said that...

      Delete
  10. Awesome video! So happy to hear and see how well Patrick Henry is doing <3 What a love <3 Will check out FB page also. ((HUGS)) to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following his story.... look forward to seeing you on facebook.

      Delete
  11. So happy for ole Hank and grateful that I was able to help in a small monetary way. Real feel good story. Thanks for all that you do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so thankful the amazing group of you guys who stepped up to help with his medical care.... couldn't have done it without each and everyone of you.

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for rescuing Patrick Henry and for taking such good care of him....what a good boy he is. I am also thrilled that you found him a forever home. I just bet he will love the fall and winter, playing in piles of leaves and snow.

    ReplyDelete