Saturday, June 16, 2012

UPDATE: June 16 Patrick Henry - Extraordinary Dog

Hey Everyone... Patrick Henry here....  Mom, the lady who rescued me... her name is Carolyn but I like to call her Mom,  came to the hospital again today to hang out with me and while she wasn't looking I "borrowed" her phone to give you an update on how I am doing.  I mean Mom is doing a pretty good job but I wanted to take a stab at it....  Don't tell her I was on her phone, I don't know if she has unlimited data or not..... hehehehe  Oh and before I managed to sneak her phone away she took a bunch of pictures, man.. she is nuts about her pictures. 
This is me saying Heeeeeey Everyone!!!!!!!

Okay so I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for me and sending positive thoughts.  I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who is helping pay my bills and make sure I have all of the stuff I need to get better and of course to the super nice people here at my hospital.  They are all so nice to me, even though sometimes the stuff they do hurts a little.  I know they are just trying to help me.

Well I'm not sure where to start....  My life has been kinda crazy this last week and I'm not quite sure what to think.

A little while back my people really hurt me, I don't think I am ready to talk about what happened yet, but sometimes I whisper about it to my Mom.... I don't say it loud enough for her to hear yet but I see the way she looks at me and I know she understands.  Anyway, I was in pretty bad shape.  I was in a lot of pain, my face hurt really bad and my arms and legs too and even my chest.  I cried sometimes but no one helped me.  I didn't understand what I had done wrong, why wouldn't they help me?  couldn't they see my wounds?  couldn't they see how hungry I was?  I had always tried to be a good boy so why did they stop loving me?  Why did they hurt me and leave me like this?  I would cry out sometimes just to say "look at me... please" but it didn't seem to matter. 

Then finally a man in a truck came, they call him an ACO.  He came into my backyard and got me.  He was pretty nice but I was really really scared.  He put me in his truck, it was kinda scarey, it was dark and not very big.  He took me for a ride to a place called the shelter, but I don't think it's much of a shelter.  There were a lot of dogs there, everyone was barking and it was loud.  I also smelled death there and that really scared me.  The ACO man he put me on a leash and he brought me inside.  He took me down the hall and I was feeling really scared and then there was Mom... she was standing there and she saw me... I mean REALLY saw me.  She even asked me what happened to me but I just couldn't tell her.  She walked along behind me and I didn't feel quite so scared.  I must of looked pretty bad because there were a lot of people asking me what happened to me....  My mom, she squatted down and talked to me a lot... she always talks alot hehehe  she rubbed my head....that felt so nice, it had been a long time since anyone rubbed my head, then she had to go.  The people in there said they were going to give me shots and draw blood... that didn't sound like much fun to me but I didn't have to worry about it, I didn't get any shots or draw any blood, they just took me through the big room where there are a gazillion dogs.  I thought that's where I was going to stay but they took me all the way to the back... there aren't as many dogs back there but the people don't get to come there either.

I'm not sure what happened after that... I know I sat there in my cage, it was so loud in there.  I just wanted to rest but that's not easy at that shelter place.  Oh and wow.. I really had to pee but I hardly got to go outside.  It was hard to hold it but I did it... I was a good boy.  A couple of days went by and then my friend at the shelter Shannon, she came to my cage and got me, I thought we were going out to go potty but when I got to the door, there was my Mom...  I can't beleive it she came back for me.  She opened the back of her car and she had a big blanket in there, she patted the blanket and said come on Patrick Henry, I hadn't heard that name before but I liked it.  Shannon helped me get in the car and then Mom and I went for a ride, she kept saying to me the whole way that everything was going to be okay and that I didn't have to worry ANY more. 

She took me to this place she calls her vet.  I heard her talking to the people here, she said I was a good boy and she said I was on the Kill List.... WHAT???  why would I be on something called a kill list?  I also heard her tell them that she wanted to do whatever she could to help me.  The doctor came in and put me up on this table and looked me all over and he and Mom said I needed my wounds cleaned... last thing I remember something poked my hiney and it hurt... I even yelped a little.

Oh man I better hurry, mom is looking for her phone.  Anyway, I know my Mom and my Aunt Susan have been keeping everyone up to date.  Mom tells me I am an international celebrity.  She tells me everyday how there are tons of people rooting for me and praying for me. 

My Mom comes everyday to see me.  I also have a good friend Julie who comes all the time to take me outside and today she brought me a big red rubber thing that she filled with peanut butter... man that is good stuff.  My friend Nikki came to see me to and she calls my girls here all the time and asks about me.  I think it would be cool if my Aunt Susan would come visit but she lives all the way in some place called Michigan. 

Anyway, I am feeling so much better, my Mom can't beleive how much better I look... I haven't seen a mirror so I don't know but it doesn't hurt any more.  I thought they were going to give me a haircut but they just shaved one spot on my back... now I look silly... but they gave me a shot there, guess it was something called heartworm treatment... I was really brave and didn't even cry... of course my girl here Jamie, she was hugging me so I wouldn't be scared when I got that shot and one of my doctors here Dr. Worthley, she is super nice and treats me really gently. All my girls here are super nice.

Oh my gosh and this is super embarrassing... they followed me and took some of my poop... yuck, then they said I had whip worms and round worms... My Mom just said "of course you do".... and then she smiled really big at me. 

It's been pretty scarey but I'm not really scared anymore.  Everyone is so nice to me and mom brings me big ole bones too.  My Mom says she is my temporary mom and that she will make sure I get everything I need and then find me the very bestest home EVER.... she seems pretty confident.  I think Mom would like it if I came home with her when I'm better but she says she already has 5 dogs.  No matter what I know that Mom will make sure whatever is best for me is done.  She's pretty cool like that.... 

I gotta go but I will try and send a note again soon, until then my Mom and Aunt Susan will let you know how I am doing.  Thank you all again so much for helping me and for "seeing" me when I needed help.

Love Always,
Patrick Henry

PS.. I heard mom say she was going to be posting a bunch of new pictures so be on the look out

16 comments:

  1. This was so neat, thank you for the update. Will check alot for the latest. You are a great MOM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and for posting. Patrick makes it easy to be a great mom... he is a pretty awesome boy.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the update, Patrick Henry! And may I say, you type very well for a fellow without thumbs! I'm so very glad you're on the mend. You have a very wonderful mommy indeed. Give her an extra lick next time you see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty great on the typing isn't he??? Just one more thing in a long list of wonderful stuff that makes you fall in love with him.... his typing skills hehehehehe Thanks for reading and for your post!!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED the update you gave us Patrick Henry !! You are too darn cute and your Mom is awesome to take care of you like this ! We need more "moms" out there to step up and take care of doggies like you !! She's definately MY role model and I'd love to do what she is doing as well. SOME day, I'll have enough money to help out this way too !! Until I do, I'll keep posting, praying and adopting from shelters ! God bless you both, and all the other lonely and neglected animals out there ! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And bless you for posting, praying and adopting your pets. It takes every person to make a difference, no matter what way they are able to do it. It's all one big puzzle, each of us fitting into our own special place... so thank YOU!!!!

      Delete
  4. You are really awesome, Patrick Henry! Keep up your spirits and also your Mom's! Love your updates too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Patrick Henry, and you will continue to get better and to feel better everyday! the world of Rescue Friends is pulling for you! One day your abusers will pay. Maybe not in this world or lifetime, but they will answer for what they have done. God has a plan for you. That is why your mom was there at the moment you were brought in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn and Patrick Henry, I am so moved by this story and very thankful that Carolyn was at the shelter the day Patrick Henry arrived. I call coincidences like that "God Things". I will be sending a contribution to Patrick's chip-in. Carolyn, I really hope you or Patrick keep us updated. You are pretty amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrick Henry you are one beautiful boy and your mom is one very special angel. I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Before you know it you'll be in your FOREVER home running in your backyard, receiving lots of hugs and kisses, playing with toys and chewing on bones. God watchses over all his furkids and I know you are headed for a wonderul life. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news and so sweet....just one little thing...could you change the background to something "plainer?" It's really pretty, but I can't read it very well. THanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing.... ask and ye shall receive lol.... how's this?

      Delete
  9. Patrick....you are such a SMART boy! I don't know if you know it, but I fell in love with you in your picture, the very first time I saw you. You are handsome AND smart! I like that in a boy! LOL. I have spoken to your Mom and your friends via email, and told them that I would open my home and my heart to you, if you don't have an offer where you are now. I will let your Mom make that decision, as she will only choose the best for you, I am certain of it. My family would love for you to come with us, as most of my FurKids have faced challanges in their lives as well, and have overcome them, and live full and happy lives here.

    I am glad to see that you can type, I need an office assistant! I ask Ellie Mae and Lilly to help me all of the time with my paperwork, when I work from home, but they seem to be more interested in siesta time, and soup bones. Lilly claims to be the "assistant to the assistant", and neither will fess up to the job. Maybe you can help.

    I look forward to hearing about your progress and your healing. Not everyone that you meet will be a bad person, most will love you. You have certainly paid your dues, young man, and it now your time to blossom. Hopefully, we will meet soon. Your BFF..Shirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirl... Patrick here... my mom told me all about you. She said that out of all the dogs in the world... you emailed about me!!!! How cool is that, she even said you would drive a really long way to pick me up. Mom says that a bunch of people would probably get after her if she didn't let them do something called a transport for me if I get to come live with you. Mom says I have to wait a little while longer because I have to get shots in my backside again. Hmmmm .... Patrick Henry - Office Assistant, has nice ring to it. Mom sent you some picture and a couple of videos of me, I swear she is annoying with that camera phone, always taking my picture, it's embarrassing. Oh well it seems to make her happy!!!!

      I'll write more to you later... I've got a big ole bone that needs my attention.

      Hugs,
      PH

      Delete
  10. Petrick Henry, You are such a sweet wonderful Special Boy and Godsent you a wonderful Soul of an Angel Mom!! That was such a wonderful story of you being saved! God Bless You Both and wish you much love and healthy happieness! Now I will wipe the tears from my eyes, :)) Bonnie,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, Patrick Henry, you brought tears to my eyes...I am so glad you don't need to be scared anymore. You will live out your life knowing you are truly loved, as it should always be...

    ReplyDelete