Wednesday, June 20, 2012

UPDATE: June 20th - Patrick on the computer again


Hey Hey... Patrick Henry here again.  Did you guys know that there is a computer here at the hospital????    My Mom told me that everyone liked hearing from me so thought I would do it again, hope the hospital doesn't mind if I get peanut butter on the keys. (thanks to Aunt Julie) 

Mom was saying she was really sorry that she didn't post an update about me yesterday.  She has something they call migraines and yesterday she got one.  I don't think I want one of those... Mom sat with me for a long time and loved on me but she had a grumpy look on her face, I think that's what a migraine does... makes you look grumpy hehehe

Anywhoo.... my doctor got the results of my biopsy back and WOOOO HOOOO I don't have Lupus... what ever that is.  Turns out I don't have an auto immune disease at all.  I had a bunch of worms in my heart and oh my gosh...  I had a bunch of worms coming out my beind... that was weird.. wanna hear something weirder...  my friends here at the hospital took some of it and looked at it through this machine....  how weird is that????  They found something called round worms and whip worms in there so they gave me medicine, it didn't taste too bad.  I had to take it for 3 days.  Oh and you guys already know I had to get a big shot in my backside for those heartworms. 

I guess because I had so many parasites in my body and because I didn't get much to eat,  it made my immune system be really weak so when I got hurt my body couldn't fight off anything.  And guess what????  today I started getting a runny nose.  My Mom was like "of course you have a runny nose"... she says I have one of every thing and two of some things.....  My doctor, Dr. Worthley she told my Mom today not to get to worried about it, that it could be because of my heartworms and stuff, but you know Mom.. she was flippin out.  The big bump on my neck got bigger today too, but I guess that's normal for a lymph node, sure makes my mom freak out....

My Aunt Julie comes almost every day to see me, she's super nice, she brings me peanut butter and takes me outside.  Oh and today I got to meet another new friend, her name was Rachelle, she was super nice too, she hung out with me and my Mom and she gave me some treats too and brought me a big ole bone.  And then this evening my Aunt Nikki came and brought me even more treats and she let me text my Mom.. it made my mom cry, but I don't think she was sad.  

Well, it's gettin late and I should probably head back to my "room" and hit the hay.  I got a big day tomorrow visiting with everyone. 

Thank you all for praying for me and helping me feel better.  I am one lucky boy.

Hugs and Pooch Smooches,
Patrick Henry
 
PS....  This is what Patrick Henry has to say to Heartworms, Internal Parasites, Lupus and the worthless piece of crap who did this to him....

27 comments:

  1. He looks so much better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does... it's a pretty miraculous thing. I can't believe it myself how much better her wounds are already.

      Delete
  2. So happy for Patrick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I got mom's phone again... thank you for your nice post. I'm so happy now, I think I would totally forget my past life if it wasn't for these stupid sores on my face.... maybe some day soon.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  3. Patrick Henry you rock! I could do more than stick out my tongue to your FORMER owner (among other names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOof Wooof... my mom says the same thing. She used a lot of words that I can say on here. Thanks for posting to me and reading about me... this is kind of cool, I went from being invisible in a back yard to quite a popular guy.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  4. Thank you for writing to us about your improvements. We do love hearing from yu and your mom. Thank You God for blessing Patrick Henry and helping him get well.
    Love you too young fellow
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun updating you guys, maybe mom will get me my own phone.... paws crossed.....

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  5. So, so happy to see you doing so much better Patrick Henry!! Sorry to hear about momma's migraines though, and yes, they can make a person look grumpy...lol You made me laugh with your picture sticking your tongue out at all that has happened, but thankfully that is now in the past!! You are definitely a fighter and your mom is as well...may your health continue to improve and hopefully momma will get a little rest as well....Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least my mom only LOOKED grumpy, she was still nice to me and my hospital peeps but man the look on her face hehehe.

      thank you for posting to me and for keeping up with my story. Mom says i have a lot of people in my corner now...

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  6. Love does wonderful things!! Such a sweet pair!! I think that fur baby has found the love of his life in you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such nice words. I do love my mom a whole lot and she loves me bunches and bunches. She says I am going to have a family of my own soon but I am going to be going to stay at Mom's until then. I love my mom and when it's time for me to go to my forever family I will miss her but I know she will help me find the best home ever.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful and brave boy. I get those awful migraines too. My beautiful dog and handsome cat always make me feel better (even when I have my grumpy face on!) I pray you and your mom have a long and HAPPY/PEACEFUL life!!! And, lets not forget mom....you are a wonderful lady. God bless you.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting... I think mom is pretty neat too. I tell her that all the time and she says I have a lot of really neat people who have helped me. And I do think I made her feel better, I let her take some more silly pictures of me hehehehe

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  8. Patrick, you look so much better! I am wondering if the sorry pieces of human crap who did this to you are being prosecuted? If so, does that make you "evidence"? Heehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom says no one is doing anything about the people who hurt me. Mom says here in Kansas City that we dogs are just property so it's hard to do anything. My mom gets really mad about that.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  9. OOOh Sweet Patrick Henry...your updates just get my eyes all wet! I love to hear about how much better you are feeling! You have such a sweet face! Thank you so much for your mom, for being there for you and for loving you so much! And thank you t all the staff who are taking such good care of you and all your new friends! God Bless you all soooo very much! My heart has big swells in it for you! Big hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the people here at Jackson County Animal Hospital are awesome. They always give me extra treats and one of my ladies here Gloria even teaches me spanish... She is awesome!!!! Thanks for caring about me and for checking in on me. I can't believe how many people care about little old me.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  10. Patrick Henry, you are one awesome dude! I'm so happy to hear all of the positive things happening now. You deserve that and a whole lot more. Patrick and Mom keep smiling every day is another small step in the right direction. Love you both, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Leslie, thanks for posting to me and for keeping watch over me too. Mom says I have a lot of people in my corner now.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  11. Patrick Henry you are so wonderful and brave, thank you for taking time to update all of us who pray for you fast recovery. Your mom and friends sound pretty awesome and deeply committed to your physical and mental well being. Thank god you were rescued form the terrible person or people that were so mean to you. You did nothing to deserve this and they will rote in hell some day.
    Maybe when you feel better your mom can take you on a vacation where you can enjoy some time on the beach.
    Huggs and kisses, one of your many fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for praying for me and for keeping track of me. I have made a lot of great friends since my Mom rescued me... and don't tell her but I think she's pretty cool.... I've never been to the beach but I think i would like to go... maybe some day... I know now that all things are possible, they have to be or I wouldn't be here.

      Hugs,
      Patrick Henry

      Delete
  12. so glad to see you doing better everyday sorry to hear about your momma and the migranes that sucks . i am so glad to see so many great people that truly care about our furry friends and how great they are i know i wouldnt want to come to my home without my best freinds being here they are my rocks! you will have such an amzing life soon patrick and all this will be behind you keep on healing big guy love ya

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry this happened to you Patrick Henry :( You are a sweet loving boy who only deserves love and a happy life. It looks like you hit the mommy jackpot now though! You have a wonderful mommy who loves you and who is surrounding you with people who are taking really good care of you! You are looking better and better! You and your mommy are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We (the C-pack & our mommy) are all very glad to hear you are getting better. You would fit right in with our pack (even if your name doesn't start with a C) but mommy told me (Chandini) that you live all the way across a big ocean. Our mommy and our da always take in dogs that didn't have a good life before we were rescued. Great to hear and see your life is getting better and we are all thinking of you.
    Keep the nose in the air and the paws tapping,
    Chandini (and Cafira-Lulu, Careto and Sammy with mommy asleep and away from the computer ... heehehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could we have a recent update ~ please?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How is Patrick doing? Checking in on him...or is he just too busy with his fan club and members showing up for paw-tographs?? LOL

    Hoping he and "Momma Carolyn" are OK. Shirl

    ReplyDelete